Construction Management NVQF Level 4 Site Management
This course is designed to delivery skills for multi-purpose projects which are as follows;
- Residential Project
- Commercial development
- What is construction management detail definition
- Duties & Responsibilities of construction manager
- Define general contractor and what is his role in the construction project
- A key function of construction management
- Winning a construction project
- Different phases of construction management
- Scheduling in construction management
- The software in construction project management
- Progress document for a construction project
- Construction risk management
- Keeping up with risk in construction project management
- Construction management process on site
- Common causes of project failure
- Dispute resolution in construction management
- Managing change in construction project management
- 35 questions all construction managers should ask.
Construction management NVQF 4 which is designed to achieve the process of management of construction site and exploring different angles. This course is designed to learn and implement a method which means you will study and you will be working to enhance your understanding.
This program is suitable to experience a person working in the construction industry and wish to take profession route to get a career boost to management level.
Construction Management course provides the knowledge that will enable you to:
- Understand Construction Management and how it affects the industry and its operations.
- Understanding the tools and techniques for the project and their use in construction firms.
- Understand the detail of a construction project and what is a requirement to start a construction project.
- Understanding the manager
- Understanding dispute resolutions in the construction industry and different ways to resolve issues.
- Understanding the implementation of change in the construction
- Understanding the merge of technologies into the construction industry and its benefits
- Understanding the key conjunction of construction management
- Understand the management process on construction sites and how to manage the team during a construction project.
- Manage the supply and availability of staff and their satisfaction on the construction site.
- Manage the physical resources such as machinery, equipment and material at the construction site.
- Understand high-quality standards at the worksite and its management.
You are required to take this course you need minimum High Secondary Certificate and the minimum age is 18.
Total Units: 16
Total Credits: 90
Hours: 300 (Can be finished early if it is self-study method) pus 800 hours of practical
Delivery method: Class, online and distance
Awarding Body: IBSPK
Note: Diploma will be issued once further ll course is completed and along with work experience and minimum 7000 words of assignment based on a project carried out which will be marked by your assessor.
You will be rewarded free membership to associate level and all the details will be available to be directory on the IBS website.
|Unit||Competency and credits|
|1||Construction definition and responsibilities of construction manager- 7|
|2||General contractor and its role in construction management- 6|
|3||Key functions of construction management- 10|
|4||Scheduling in construction management- 10|
|5||Use of software on construction management- 7|
|6||Progress documents in construction management- 7|
|7||Risk assessment and control measurement in construction- 10|
|8||Different causes of project failure- 5|
|9||Dispute resolution in construction- 10|
|10||Change management in construction- 8|
|11||Health & Safety operation in construction management- 10|
To apply for this course you need one of the following:
2. Minimum of 3 years experience in the construction industry.
2. O-level or Matric education or one year experience with the certificate in the construction industry or project management.