Level 5 Qualifications – Level 5 Award, Certificate, Diploma & Extended Diploma in Facilities Management
These Level 5 qualifications (Award, Certificate, Diploma or Extended Diploma) will develop your understanding of facilities management and provide you with practical techniques and methods for fulfilling essential tasks in your role. The programmes will also enable you to recall and apply relevant skills, methods and ideas under the appropriate circumstance.
The Level 5 Facilities Management qualifications emphasise management skills in practice. The work-focused assessments will enable you to take responsibility, launch new facilities management projects and complete high-priority tasks in this growing industry sector.
Level 5 Qualifications are aimed at professionals working at a middle or senior management level, and in particular, those specialised in complex functions.
The course is especially suitable for senior facilities management professionals working with:
- Single or multi-site operations
- Hard and/or soft service provision
- Partner relationships
- Performance management
- Major projects with capital spend
- Compliance in health and safety and other key critical legislation
- Financial management.
Successful learners who complete all training requirements at one of IBS recognised centres receive a qualification as follows:
- Level 5 Award in Facilities Management (12 credits)
- Level 5 Certificate in Facilities Management (24 credits)
- Level 5 Diploma in Facilities Management (48 credits)
- Level 5 Extended Diploma in Facilities Management (120 credits) – forms pathway in Higher Level Apprenticeships in Facilities Management
|L501||Facilities manager development overview||6|
|L502||Impact of health and safety on FM||10|
|L503||Internal and external team management in FM||8|
|L504||Impact of Strategic planning in facilities management||6|
|L505||Premises acquisition and lease management in FM||6|
|L506||Risk assessment in facilities management||6|
|L507||Financial management for the facilities manager||7|
|L508||Information technology and its impact on FM||6|
|L509||Managing projects in FM||7|
|L510||Maintain good relationship with contractors, and suppliers in FM||6|
|L511||Promote quality of service in facilities management||6|
|L512||Excellent customer service impact on FM||5|
|L513||Understanding change and its implementation in FM||7|
|L514||Space management in FM||5|
|L515||Understanding and managing contracts in FM||3|
|L516||Managing energy and utilities in FM||4|
|L517||Corporate social responsibility and sustainability in FM||3|
|L518||Understanding leadership role in FM||6|
|L519||Documents management in the workplace||7|
|L520||Disability discrimination in FM||3|
|L521||Support services operations in facilities management||7|
|L522||Regularity requirement of Fire safety in FM (BCP)||8|
|L523||Understanding car parking management in FM||3|
|L524||Tools, devices, software, and equipment||0|
|L525||Assessment and Learning Objectives||0|
To apply this qualification one of the following required:
1. Minimum of 4 years of experience in facilities management.
2. Minimum 2 years diploma with one-year work experience in facilities, construction or project management or property management.